By Arnie Berg
Read or Download A Reasonable God: Ordinary Action in a Supernatural World PDF
Best religious studies books
The position in public lifetime of non secular organisations equivalent to black church buildings has been a contested and heated subject, with their advocates calling for them to have an immense position in public discourse and their opinions tough their silence in public if no longer their overall destruction. This publication bargains an inventive and compelling approach to take into consideration this difficulty.
Either Prayed to an analogous God is the 1st book-length, complete learn of faith within the Civil struggle. whereas a lot examine has desirous about faith in a particular context of the civil battle, this publication offers a wanted assessment of this important but mostly forgotten topic of yankee background. Writing passionately concerning the topic, Father Robert Miller provides this historical past in an available yet scholarly model.
American Heathens is the 1st in-depth ethnographic learn in regards to the mostly misunderstood perform of yank Heathenry (Germanic Paganism). Jennifer Snook—who has been Pagan for the reason that her early young people and a Heathen for the reason that eighteen—traces the advance and trajectory of Heathenry as a brand new spiritual circulation in the United States, one within which all identities are political and all politics topic.
This e-book explores the thought of interreligious friendship. Friendship is without doubt one of the results in addition to stipulations for advancing interfaith family. even if, for friendship to strengthen, there has to be legitimation from inside of and a conception of the way interreligious kinfolk should be justified from the assets of other religion traditions.
- Beyond Catholicism: Heresy, Mysticism, and Apocalypse in Italian Culture (Palgrave Studies in Cultural and Intellectual History)
- The Rise of the Mormons: Latter-day Saint Growth in the 21st Century
- African Traditions in the Study of Religion in Africa: Emerging Trends, Indigenous Spirituality and the Interface with other World Religions (Vitality of Indigenous Religions)
- Confronting Secularism in Europe and India: Legitimacy and Disenchantment in Contemporary Times
- The Book of Rites (Li Ji)
- Church and Society in Hungary and in the Hungarian Diaspora
Additional resources for A Reasonable God: Ordinary Action in a Supernatural World
A Reasonable God: Ordinary Action in a Supernatural World by Arnie Berg