By Janet Morphet
Read Online or Download Applying leadership and management in planning: Theory and practice PDF
Best urban planning & development books
This targeted publication, written via neighborhood specialists within the urban, offers with the transformation of Barcelona over the past 20 years. Barcelona has been held up as a version of city making plans and fiscal regeneration among outfitted surroundings execs. The remodel of sq. parks and streets during the urban within the Nineteen Eighties first attracted consciousness and compliment after which the 1992 Olympics hosted within the urban raised overseas information.
This ebook analyzes the social capital of the growing to be wisdom economic climate, from either theoretical and empirical issues of view. The theoretical part discusses social capital as an fiscal thought, constructing a concept of the social capital of the firm. The empirical part compares features of the social capital of 3 diverse socio-economic structures: the USA, Japan and Sweden.
During this ebook, the authors “revisit” iconic Brooklyn neighborhoods, Crown Heights-Prospect-Lefferts Gardens and Greenpoint-Williamsburg, the place they've been energetic students because the Seventies. Krase and DeSena's accomplished view from the road describes and analyses the neighborhoods' decline and upward push with a spotlight on race and social classification.
Through targeting Chicago's first new release of activist professors, Diner exhibits how smooth public coverage developed. Chicago's early educational execs, believing that they on my own may remedy the issues of a fancy city society, united to press for reforms in schooling, felony justice, social welfare, and municipal management.
- Rural Resource Management (Routledge Revivals): Volume 11
- Sitte, Hegemann and the Metropolis: Modern Civic Art and International Exchanges
- Towards a Political Economy of Resource-dependent Regions (Routledge Studies in Human Geography)
- Regaining the Dream: How to Renew the Promise of Homeownership for America's Working Families
- Colonial Architecture and Urbanism in Africa: Intertwined and Contested Histories (Design and the Built Environment)
- Shaping Rural Areas in Europe: Perceptions and Outcomes on the Present and the Future: 107 (GeoJournal Library)
Extra info for Applying leadership and management in planning: Theory and practice
Applying leadership and management in planning: Theory and practice by Janet Morphet